Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple or 1 cup canned pineapple
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef, onion, garlic until the onion is tender and the meat is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
- Drain off all fat.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the green and red bell peppers.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes.
- Add green and red bell peppers and heat through.
- Serve with rice and bread.
LOVED pineapple/raisin combination, TRUE! Had to add alot more spices to, Didn't have any sherry wine, This makes for a quick low fat dine!
A great recipe Dancer^. You continue to amaze me with your ability to come up with Yummy recipes that are not just the same old recipes with an ingredient change or two. This was super easy and very good. Thanks.