This is a once a month mom recipe. It looks like a neat low carb option.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 bell peppers, halved from stem to bottom and de-seeded
- 1 lb deli roast beef, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 ounces mushrooms
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Place pepper halves in baking dish.
- 2Place 2 TBSPN cheese in each pepper.
- 3Heat olive oil in skillet over med-high heat.
- 4Add onion and garlic then saute until softened and onions begin to carmelize.
- 5Add mushrooms and continue to cook for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 6Add roast beef, beef broth, salt, pepper, and steak seasoning.
- 7Allow misture to come to a boil.
- 8Turn heat to low and simmer until most of liquid is evaporated.
- 9Spoon mixture into peppers.
- 10Bake at 375F for 20 to 30 minutes until peppers are soft.
- 11Remove from oven.
- 12Evenly divide remaining cheese over peppers.
- 13Return to oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- 14Freezing Directions:.
- 15After stuffing peppers, place remaining shredded cheese in quart freezer bag. Label and place inside baking dish.
- 16Cover baking dish, label, and freeze.
- 17To Serve:.
- 19Remove feezer bag of cheese and set aside.
- 20Bake at 375F for 20-30 minutes or until peppers are soft.
- 21Remove from oven.
- 22Evenly divide remaining cheese over peppers.
- 23Return to oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Philly Cheesesteak Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (507 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.5
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 131.5 mg
- Sodium 2849.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 46.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: