Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 20hrs 30mins
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds.
- Slice onions and mushrooms. Saute over medium heat with butter, olive oil, minced garlic and a little salt and pepper. Saute until onions and mushroom are nice and caramelized. About 25-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Slice roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion/mushroom mixture. Allow to cook 5-10 minutes.
- Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are nearly overflowing.
- Top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown.
Questions & Replies
It was delicious! I followed someone else's suggestion of putting a thin layer of water in the dish and covering/cooking for 45 min. I'm making them tonight but this time I'm just going to sprinkle some cheddar cheese on top instead if another piece of provolone. When that provolone cooled, it got too thick.