Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love pesto! When I was first introduced to it and was searching for recipes that used it, this is one I found that is one of my favorites.
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns, divided
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly grease 11 x 7 inch baking dish with 1 teaspoon butter.
- Place 2 cups shredded potatoes in prepared dish, pressing lightly to form an even layer.
- Dollop pesto over potatoes; sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with remaining 2 cups potatoes, spreading evenly.
- In medium microwave-safe dish, microwave milk on high for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until hot; stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan, pepper and salt. Pour over potatoes.
- In a small bowl, mix together topping ingredients until blended; sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake uncovered, 23-25 minutes or until top is crisp and browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.