Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I NEVER thought eggs benedict (my favorite breakfast) could be made any better.....but it can!!! This was my FAVORITE dish of the class, of course. I have posted the recipe for the creamy pesto sauce seperately, so it can be prepared ahead of time if desired.
- 8 slices Canadian bacon or 8 slices serrano ham
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 large eggs, poached
- 1 bunch fresh spinach leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- teleme cheese
- creamy pesto sauce
- black pepper
- Cook the bacon or ham in a skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat, until thoroughly heated, turning once. (For large groups, cook in oven on a large baking sheet.).
- Drain on paper towels.
- Lightly braise the spinach in some butter, oil and garlic just until wilted. Set aside.
- To assemble, spread some teleme cheese on a toasted half of an English muffin.
- Next put 2 bacon or ham slices on each muffin half.
- Place a mound of braised spinach on top of the bacon/ham.
- Top each with a poached egg, and drizzle evenly with the pesto cream sauce.
- Sprinkle with fresh pepper and serve immediately.
- **Poached eggs:.
- Add water to a depth of 3 inches in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and maintain a light simmer.
- Add 1/2 tsp vinegar to simmering water.
- Break eggs one at a time into a small dish, and slip into the simmering water, as close to the surface of the water as possible.
- Simmer 3-5 min or to desired doneness and remove eggs with a slotted spoon.