Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
So simple but so tasty. A great side to serve with a thick chunky steak and fries.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed or 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared minced garlic
- 400 g canned cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil and cook onion and garlic until soft.
- Add beans and stir until heated through.
- Stir in pesto & parsley to serve.
This was very fast and easy to make. I sauteed a chopped shallot instead of the onion and used 3 garlic cloves. Didn't have any parsley. I toasted some crusty bread and then slathered the bean mix on top of it and ate it as an open-faced sandwich.
I made these with what I had on had, which was Great Northern beans and no parsley. In a word: fabulous. Thank you!
Great cannellini recipe. I used my frozen home grown cannellini's from last summer's garden and served it cold for lunch. Nice blend of flavors, love pesto and garlic and beans. I added the leftovers to Italian Sausage Soup. tagged in 123.