Cannellini Beans With Rosemary
A tasty low-fat side or main dish flavored with a hint of Rosemary.
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the green peppers, onion, and garlic, and saute for 4 minutes or until the peppers are soft.
- Add the beans, broth, tomatoes, orange juice, orange peel, and rosemary.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with black pepper, and cook stirring occasionally for about 4 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a healthy side and we love all the ingredients. However, we were not sure whether we cared for the flavor combination of fresh tomatoes and orange - perhaps it's something to get used to. The rosemary flavor was very subtle. I think we'd like this more as a salad, where there was still a bit of crunch to some of the veggies.Reply
see 2 more