Recipe by Vicki in CT
Elegant appetizer but easy because can do ahead. From The Hors D'Oeuvre Book by C. Castle. Note this needs to set up for several hours prior to service.
Top Review by The Flying Chef
This was so simple yet looked so elegant and totally company worthy..My family raved about this and there were so many yums and oh this is so good round the table.. I used a herb cream cheese and the combination of that with the pesto was totally delicious and sent this so over the top for us.. A really great recipe Vicki and one that will definitely be enjoyed again at many gatherings. I think I shall use this one to take to parties as it really does look impressive and what a taste sensation. Thanks for posting... Huge thumbs up from us all!!!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup pesto sauce, room temperature
- 8 ounces brie round, chilled
- garnish with basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream cheese and pesto until well blended.
- Using a sharp knife split brie wheel in half horizontally. Place one half cut side up on round serving plate. Spread with cream cheese mixture pressing down firmly. Top with second half cut side down. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least three hours.
- To serve let torta come back to room temperature and garnish with basil leaves. Cut wedge to show layers.