Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Elegant appetizer but easy because can do ahead. From The Hors D'Oeuvre Book by C. Castle. Note this needs to set up for several hours prior to service.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup pesto sauce, room temperature
- 8 ounces brie round, chilled
- garnish with basil leaves
- Combine cream cheese and pesto until well blended.
- Using a sharp knife split brie wheel in half horizontally. Place one half cut side up on round serving plate. Spread with cream cheese mixture pressing down firmly. Top with second half cut side down. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least three hours.
- To serve let torta come back to room temperature and garnish with basil leaves. Cut wedge to show layers.
This was so simple yet looked so elegant and totally company worthy..My family raved about this and there were so many yums and oh this is so good round the table.. I used a herb cream cheese and the combination of that with the pesto was totally delicious and sent this so over the top for us.. A really great recipe Vicki and one that will definitely be enjoyed again at many gatherings. I think I shall use this one to take to parties as it really does look impressive and what a taste sensation. Thanks for posting... Huge thumbs up from us all!!!
I made this brie torta as an appetizer for a BBQ that I hosted yesterday. It was fantastic! Easy do-ahead preparation made it easy to serve when the guests arrived. Several people commented how much they enjoyed it. I used Classico basil pesto. We served the brie with an assortment of different crackers from Trader Joe's. This is a great summer appetizer that I will definitely make again. Thanks, Vicki!