Recipe by Marie
Chopped tomatoes add a new dimension of flavor to this pesto pasta dish.
Top Review by Reed
I used half the amount of pasta and half the oil, but kept everything else the same. The result was so flavorful and pretty. The diced tomatos were so wonderful and I somehow managed to make the pesto perfectly. Wow, I served this with grilled chicken and my husband and I loved it. My son ate his chicken with barbecue sauce and mashed potatos because pesto really isn't his thing.
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced tomato
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook angel hair pasta according to package directions.
- Turn on food processor and drop garlic down feed tube.
- Stop the processor and add basil, nuts, cheese and salt and pepper.
- Pulse until finely chopped, then with motor running, add oil gradually through tube until blended.
- Drain pasta and reserve some of cooking water.
- Toss pasta with the pesto, then add tomatoes.
- If mixture is too thick, add a little cooking water.
- Can be served hot or cold.