Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chopped tomatoes add a new dimension of flavor to this pesto pasta dish.
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced tomato
- Cook angel hair pasta according to package directions.
- Turn on food processor and drop garlic down feed tube.
- Stop the processor and add basil, nuts, cheese and salt and pepper.
- Pulse until finely chopped, then with motor running, add oil gradually through tube until blended.
- Drain pasta and reserve some of cooking water.
- Toss pasta with the pesto, then add tomatoes.
- If mixture is too thick, add a little cooking water.
- Can be served hot or cold.
I used half the amount of pasta and half the oil, but kept everything else the same. The result was so flavorful and pretty. The diced tomatos were so wonderful and I somehow managed to make the pesto perfectly. Wow, I served this with grilled chicken and my husband and I loved it. My son ate his chicken with barbecue sauce and mashed potatos because pesto really isn't his thing.
As you can see by the picture it was very good! Makes your mouth water. I used 4 ounces of cheese and skipped the salt! The tomatoes did make it quite refreshing. Thanks Marie for posting!