Grilled chicken, mushrooms, red bell pepper, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, black olives and cheese-filled tortellini in a rich, creamy pesto-alfredo sauce!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (8 ounce) cont. fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 (20 ounce) package cheese-filled tortellini, fresh or frozen, cooked
- 1 (1 lb) jar alfredo sauce, or homemade
- 1⁄4 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1 (6 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 1 tomato, drained and chopped
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh basil or parsley
- Grill chicken breasts til done, julienne, cover and set aside.
- In saute pan, melt butter with olive oil and cook garlic, mushrooms and bell pepper til tender.
- Meanwhile, cook tortellini til done, drain.
- Stir in alfredo sauce, pesto sauce, chicken, tortellini, artichoke hearts, chopped tomato and black olives into mushroom mixture gently til mixed.
- Heat over low heat til heated through.
- Pour onto serving platter.
- Top with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
- Garnish top with fresh chopped basil or parsley.
- *If you prefer it extra saucy, double the alfredo and pesto sauce amounts.
Wonderful! I used extra-virgin olive oil, prepared basil pesto, a 3-cheese tortellini with ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan cheese, and leftover grilled chicken that I cut into bite-sized pieces. This was so very good and so simple as well. It's a great combination of flavors. Thanks Kelly for another great recipe. Made for ZWT4.
This pasta dish is awesome! I made this for dinner last night and my picky eaters loved it. This is a keeper will make again. I doubled the sauce and pesto it was yummy. Thanks Wildflour!
This was really a good dinner! We love almost anything with artichokes! Very easy and it looks great! Next time I will try your suggestion of doubling the sauce. Thanks Wildflour!