This marinade is for rotisserie chicken, but you can also marinade chicken parts (even boneless skinless breasts!) and cook in oven or on grill. It’s deliciously lemony and garlicky. A bit of vinegar makes it even brighter-tasting. Great paired with a fruity Argentinian Malbec.
- Combine ingredients in a large zip lock bag and whisk or shake till blended.
- Add chicken to bag and shake until it is coated. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- Scrape marinade off chicken (if using skinless), season generously with kosher salt and pepper and place in rotisserie, in oven or on grill.
- Cooking time will depend upon size of poultry pieces; do not let meat become dry;.
- For Reference;.
- Whole fryer (3-4 pounds) 60 - 70 minutes; Whole Roaster (5-7 pounds) 22 minutes a pound, Butterflied whole chicken (3-5 pounds) 45-50 minutes; 450 degrees for first 15-20 minutes and then lower to 350 for remainder of cooking. Remove from oven when meat thermometer reads 175°-180°F; temperature will continue to rise as it stands.
- Breast half, bone in (6-8 oz) 10-15 minutes a side; Breast half, boneless (4 oz) 8-10 min a side & (6-8 oz) 10-15 minutes a side; leg or thigh (8 or 4 oz) 10-15 minutes a side; Drumstick (4 oz) 8-12 minutes a side & (8-16 oz) 10-15 minutes a side; wings or wing drumette (2-3 oz) 8-12 minutes a side – Remove from oven when meat thermometer reads 175°-180°F; temperature will continue to rise as it stands.
Holy Mother of Pearl! This was great!!! This marinade is fantastic! My son could not stop moaning with delight as he stole small pieces while I was carving the bird. This rivals the rotisserie chicken at our favorite Peruvian restaurant. I roasted a whole chicken. I strained out the garlic and put it into the cavity and poured some of the left over marinade under the skin before putting it in the oven. Then I basted with the remaining marinade every fifteen minutes or so as it cooked. The chicken came out moist and juicy and oh so yummy! I will definately be making this again! (I'm laughing at all the exclamation marks in my review. They're well deserved!) Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!! :-D
I used a combination of lemon and lime juice to marinate a small, whole butterflied chicken for about 12 hours... The chicken came out very moist, but had a strong tumeric flavor for us. The garlic flavor was really nice though and the chicken browned up really nicely. Thanks for sharing!!!
I made half a recipe and used with 5 meaty chicken legs. The marunade was poured over the chicken and placed in the refrigerator for about 4 hours before grilling. The chicken had a very nice flavor. Thank you for posting.