This marinade is for rotisserie chicken, but you can also marinade chicken parts (even boneless skinless breasts!) and cook in oven or on grill. It’s deliciously lemony and garlicky. A bit of vinegar makes it even brighter-tasting. Great paired with a fruity Argentinian Malbec.
- Combine ingredients in a large zip lock bag and whisk or shake till blended.
- Add chicken to bag and shake until it is coated. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- Scrape marinade off chicken (if using skinless), season generously with kosher salt and pepper and place in rotisserie, in oven or on grill.
- Cooking time will depend upon size of poultry pieces; do not let meat become dry;.
- For Reference;.
- Whole fryer (3-4 pounds) 60 - 70 minutes; Whole Roaster (5-7 pounds) 22 minutes a pound, Butterflied whole chicken (3-5 pounds) 45-50 minutes; 450 degrees for first 15-20 minutes and then lower to 350 for remainder of cooking. Remove from oven when meat thermometer reads 175°-180°F; temperature will continue to rise as it stands.
- Breast half, bone in (6-8 oz) 10-15 minutes a side; Breast half, boneless (4 oz) 8-10 min a side & (6-8 oz) 10-15 minutes a side; leg or thigh (8 or 4 oz) 10-15 minutes a side; Drumstick (4 oz) 8-12 minutes a side & (8-16 oz) 10-15 minutes a side; wings or wing drumette (2-3 oz) 8-12 minutes a side – Remove from oven when meat thermometer reads 175°-180°F; temperature will continue to rise as it stands.