Smoked Buttermilk Herb Chicken Breasts
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 red onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 large chicken breasts
- Combine all ingredients except for the chicken in a blender. Pulse until smooth. Pour over chicken and let marinate in a non-reactive covered dish or plastic zip top bag for 4-24 hours. The longer the brining time, the more flavor they will pick up.
- Remove chicken from the brine and pat dry on paper towels, otherwise the chicken may be too salty.
- Place breasts on the rack of a Weber grill fitted with the Smokenator 1000 filled to manufacturers directions with water/charcoal/wood chips once the temperature of the grill lid is stabilized around 215-230 degrees. Smoke for about 1 1/2-2 hours, being sure to keep the temperature steady and adding charocoal/wood chips as needed to keep a steady amount of smoke.
- Allow the breasts to rest for 5 minutes, then slice and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!