Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
How about something hot and spicy for dinner tonight? Serve this with boiled potatoes.
Make and share this Peruvian Garlic Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 medium jalapenos
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 cups peanuts, roasted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 lbs chicken breasts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat yogurt, room temp
- Heat oil in large pan and sauté onions and garlic until transparent.
- Add jalapenos, cinnamon, cumin, basil, peanuts, cheese and chicken; stir well.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Just before serving add yogurt and stir.
I cooked this just how it was described but I really didn't like it. The ingredients just didn't blend well.
This was delicious. I used chicken tenders, and instead of yogurt sour cream. The flavors are great, and it smelled wonderful as it cooked. Thanks for a great chicken recipe!
I cooked it as directed except I left out the jalapenos. It turned out really good! We loved the blend of flavors and even thought it might be good with a little coconut.