Recipe by Annacia
Butter with a beautiful Persian accent. Wonderful on baked winter squash and other veggies, roast chicken or in a tagine. *Dried rose petals are available at Middle Eastern markets and kalustyans.com
Top Review by Elmotoo
YUM YUM YUM! I went without roses but I think I'll add some rosewater like CG did. I mixed this in with some chickpeas. It's going on rice in a few minutes. Made for NA/ME Tag 12/12! Thank you for posting!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried rose petals (optional)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except salt in a small bowl until lime juice is incorporated.
- Season with salt.
- Cover and keep in a cool place.
- DO AHEAD:
- Spiced butter can be made 1 week ahead.
- Roll into logs, wrap in parchment paper, and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.