Recipe by CoCaShe
I just tried this recipe from my new Weber's Way to Grill book -- it turned out really good! It's a great quick recipe, as it can marinate for as little as 30 minutes, but still looks impressive. I've published this recipe in the minimum, so it can be used for 1 or 2 servings and easily increased for more. Preparation time includes minimum marinating time.
Top Review by DrPsyclone
My wife was born in Tehran but grew up in Israel. Until we found this recipe our home was the weak sister of the family BBQs. We don't bother with the kebab part. We just put boneless chicken breast fillets and chicken tenders in the marinade for a half hour or so before laying them out on the grill. Umm-umm-umm. For a quick ticket to cholesterol heaven, marinade chicken parts with the skin on. Great recipe and authentic enough to pass in the in-law test.
- 1⁄2 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (I use bottled)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 2 -5 skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine onion, lemon juice, oregano, paprika and garlic and puree in a small food processor blender.
- Add olive oil and process until well mixed.
- Combine chicken and marinade in a resealable plastic bag or other container so that chicken is completely covered (I just put it in a bowl and toss it periodically). Let marinade for at least 30 minutes, but longer is ok, too. Remember, because the marinade has oil in it, the oil will rise to the top so you may have to keep stirring it if you want to let it sit longer.
- Thread chicken pieces onto skewers and grill on direct medium heat for approximately 8 minutes per side, depending on preference and grill heat. I usually have my grill up to high, so the chicken only takes about 12 minutes total.