Recipe by andypandy
posted for Zaar world tour 3 contest. This recipe is very good my grandson loves them as finger food.
- 4 ears corn
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon celery top, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup shrimp, cooked and chopped
- 2 beaten eggs
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the corn kernels from the cobs with a sharp knife, mix with the chopped onion, fresh parsley, ground coriander garlic, celery leaves, shrimp and salt to taste. You can also add red pepper flakes if desired.
- Stir in the two beaten eggs.
- Place canola oil in skillet and heat.
- Gently drop tablespoons of the fritter mixture into the oil, fry over medium heat until golden, turn over and brown on other side.
- Drain on paper towels and keep warm until all frying is done.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
- There is no flour in this recipe, but if desired can add 1 tablespoon. Servings are estimated as each fritter can either be large or small.