Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Texas-style steak rub worth committing to memory! Easy-to-find spices combine to add fantastic flavor to any steak, while helping to seal in the natural juices. From the Texas Beef Council.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch or 2 teaspoons flour
- 2 teaspoons salt or 2 teaspoons salt substitute
- 5 tablespoons coarse-ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon beef stock (granulated)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Either sprinkle or rub into meat before cooking.
- Store in a covered container.
I love steaks, but tend not to cook them at home because they never have enough flavor. But this rub was wonderful! Although the steak did not need to be dipped, I served it with the "Steak Dipping Sauce" i found on this site as well.
Miller, this Rub is fantastic! We tried it out on country-style pork ribs which we grilled on the pit and they were absolutely delicious. I mixed up a triple batch so I can keep some on hand. Thanks for sharing this recipe!