Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from Cook's Country. I have tried it and it is the BEST roasted potatoe recipe ever. The potatoes are perfectly seasoned and crispy. Every time I've tried to roast potatoes they come out soggy - these are great!!! Enjoy!
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position, place rimmed baking sheet on rack, and heat oven to 450.
- Toss potatoes, cornstarch, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in large bowl.
- Remove baking sheet from oven, coat with oil, place potatoes on sheet.
- While potatoes roast for 30 min., mix butter, fresh garlic, and lemon zest in bowl.
- Turn potatoes and roast another 10 - 15 minute.
- Remove and toss with butter mixture and serve.
This was a great start to a wonderful recipe. I used butter-flavored cooking spray on the foil, cooked the potatoes for 30 minutes, gave them a stir, and then sprayed the potatoes with the cooking spray. These came out perfectly crunchy on the outside, were cooked thoroughly on the inside and had great flavor. Thanks for a great side dish!
These were just okay for us. It was much too greasy with the butter/garlic topping. Think next time I would omit that part and just have the roasted potatoes.