1/8 Photos of Perfect Roast Turkey
2 hrs 30 mins
I first tried this recipe for Thanksgiving this year, and may I assure you, the name is more than fitting! Tender, juicy, fragrant and, yes, perfect! I don't think I've ever smelled a more heavenly smell from my kitchen. I'm sure I'll be making this turkey recipe for my family's big holidays from now on.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- 3Add the zest and juice of the lemon and 1 teaspoon of thyme leaves to the butter mixture.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Take the giblets out of the turkey and wash the turkey inside and out.
- 6Remove any excess fat and leftover pinfeathers and pat the outside dry.
- 7Place the turkey in a large roasting pan.
- 8Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the turkey cavity.
- 9Stuff the cavity with the bunch of thyme, halved lemon, quartered onion, and the garlic.
- 10Brush the outside of the turkey with the butter mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 11Tie the legs together with string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the turkey.
- 12Roast the turkey at 350 F about 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until the juices run clear when you cut between the leg and the thigh.
- 13Remove the turkey to a cutting board and cover with aluminum foil; let rest for 20 minutes.
- 14Slice the turkey and serve.
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Roast Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 686.6
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 277.6 mg
- Sodium 248.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 77.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: