Roast Turkey Breast
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 1 whole turkey breast, with bone and skin
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 3 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 4 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Rinse turkey breast in cold water.
- Pat dry.
- Combine chicken broth and wine in a bowl or in a jar.
- Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Put vegetables in pan.
- Put a rack sprayed with vegetable oil in the pan.
- Place turkey breast on rack.
- Roast turkey breast for approximately 25 minutes per pound, or until juices run clear (this usually takes me about an hour and a half), basting every 15 minutes with the broth-wine mixture.
- Discard vegetables.
- Let turkey rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- The liquid left in the pan can be used to make gravy.
- Pour it into a fat separator or skim off fat.
- Use 2 cups of the defatted liquid for gravy.
- Put in saucepan, stir in 1 1/2 T cornstarch mixed with 3 T cold water.
- Cook and stir on medium heat until thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I bought a turkey breast when it was on sale, then had no idea how to roast it! :)This recipe was simple and delicious... the turkey was very moist. I didn't make the gravy, as I am not too fond of gravy, so I only used 2 cups of liquid (I didn't have the wine, so I only used the broth),but other than that, I followed the reciped exactly and it turned out great! Thanks so much!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I Love Recipes.... Collect Them.... I See One And I Gotta Have It... lol... I'm 16 and am homeschooled... I have 1 little sister Alayna(14)... I live with my mom and dad and 2 dogs in the house... and 2 outside...i have 1 cat.. my lil baby.. and she had 5 kittens in Nov. well she actually had 6 but one died..(big tear) my sister also has 1 cat that stays in our room most of the time... sometimes she ventures downstairs.... and she also has 1 that lives outside.... we've had lots of cats come and go... (sigh) and i've seen most of them pass... (tear) I have a boyfriend Jared and he's in the Virginia Military Institute for Mechanical Enginering.. i think...lol I LOVE carebears as you can see with my picture.. i love butterflies too... i dont have a fav. movie... i like toooo many to have a fav.... i dont read books very often... so no fav. there either... but i did really like "The Giver" i read it in 5th grade... i dont know the author.. but it was a good book... i write poetry and have 170 some... i dont know the exact number without running up and gettin them...lol...My all time fav. holiday is Valentine's Day..I'm a major romantic... and a major girly girl... PINK anything and i LOVE it!!! well thats all for now.... and the site below.. isnt mine its my mom's.... check it out!!!