Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This is a simple and elegant soup from the late and dear Julia Child. Even my little boy loves this.
- 3 cups sliced leeks (white and tender green parts)
- 3 cups peeled roughly chopped baking potatoes
- 6 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche
- Bring ingredients to boil in 3-quart saucepan.
- Partially cover, and simmer 20-30 minutes (until veggies tender).
- Season to taste.
- Serve as is or puree Top servings with dollop of creme fraice (or sour cream).