Soup Fly *'s Note:
This is the one recipe I always request that my dad's mother make for the holidays. I've never had another pineapple pie to compare and, believe me, I've looked. This is a GOOD pie. Her sister always gets two of these for her birthday - one for her and one for everyone else! LOL I finally got the recipe when I got married and I could hardly wait to share it. (Now if I can just get the recipe for her crusts...) This pie is good cold or at room temperature and is DELICIOUS while still slightly warm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1All ingredients should be room temperature (very important!).
- 2Cream together margarine and 2 cups of sugar.
- 3Add egg yolks, milk, vanilla and flour.
- 4Cover and cook in oven at 350, stirring several times, until thick.
- 5Stir in well-drained pineapple.
- 6Divide mixture evenly into two pre-baked pie shells.
- 7Beat egg whites, gradually adding remaining sugar, until stiff peaks form.
- 8Spread meringe on each pie and brown lightly in oven.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Pineapple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (2040 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2470.3
- Calories from Fat 997
- Total Fat 110.8 g
- Saturated Fat 31.4 g
- Cholesterol 668.6 mg
- Sodium 1678.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 340.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 257.8 g
- Protein 35.0 g