Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the one recipe I always request that my dad's mother make for the holidays. I've never had another pineapple pie to compare and, believe me, I've looked. This is a GOOD pie. Her sister always gets two of these for her birthday - one for her and one for everyone else! LOL I finally got the recipe when I got married and I could hardly wait to share it. (Now if I can just get the recipe for her crusts...) This pie is good cold or at room temperature and is DELICIOUS while still slightly warm.
- All ingredients should be room temperature (very important!).
- Cream together margarine and 2 cups of sugar.
- Add egg yolks, milk, vanilla and flour.
- Cover and cook in oven at 350, stirring several times, until thick.
- Stir in well-drained pineapple.
- Divide mixture evenly into two pre-baked pie shells.
- Beat egg whites, gradually adding remaining sugar, until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringe on each pie and brown lightly in oven.