1/8 Photos of Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies
When peanut butter cookies are requested in my home, this is the recipe I turn to. It's one of my favourites!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F; have ungreased shiny cookie sheets ready.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, with electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugars; next, beat in egg, peanut butter and vanilla.
- 3In a smaller bowl, sift together salt, baking soda and flour (I do this through a sieve, not with a sifter).
- 4With a wooden spoon, stir flour mixture into peanut butter mixture until a dough is formed.
- 5If desired, you could stir in about 1/2 cup (or more) of chocolate chips now; I usually don't (even though I'm a chocoholic) as I often just want a pure peanut butter cookie with nothing else in it, not even peanut bits.
- 6Stash dough in fridge while you clean up the dishes; this step isn't absolutely necessary but the fridge slightly firms up the dough, making it easier to work with.
- 7Drop by heaping teaspoons onto cookie sheets and press down, criss-cross style, with a fork-- the classic peanut butter cookie look.
- 8If fork sticks to cookies too much as you press down, lightly flour the fork.
- 9Bake in preheated oven for 7 to 9 minutes, or until edges are slightly darkened (I like to cook these at 7-1/2 minutes).
- 10Do not worry if they don't look done; cookies firm up as they cool and if you want chewier cookies it is very important not to overbake them.
- 11Add an extra minute if you like crispier cookies.
- 12Remove cookies from sheets after letting them rest on sheets for one minute, then let cooked cookies cool on racks.
- 13Store cookies in a tin or in cookie jar (airtight containers are best).
- 14I use a one-inch scoop to make the cookies; the approximate yield I get is 4-1/2 dozen cookies.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (858 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.1
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 8.6 mg
- Sodium 77.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g