Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Looking to clone a Starbucks Frappuccino, but having various problems? I've fiddled for a few years, and now I've got it! What does the cooking spray do? It has lecithin in it, which helps keep the milk and ice together. Without it, you have a bunch of ice floating ontop of sweet coffee milk. Feel free to substitute the half and half with more milk.
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 fluid ounce vanilla (splash)
- cooking spray (4 sprays)
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 600 ml of crushed ice
- Put all of the ingredients except for the ice into a blender. These should total 1 cup of liquid.
- Blend these ingredients on low a few times.
- Fire up the "ice crush" (or highest speed) on the blender for about 30 seconds.
- Pour into a 600ml glass and enjoy!
Just the cooking spray tip makes this recipe a five star drink. This drink doesn't compare with SB, it is better. Thanks for posting. Made for PAC, Fall 2008
Great drink! The cooking spray is a nifty tip! I made this healthier by using Splenda and fat-free half and half. Tasted like the real deal! Made for Fall 2008 PAC.