An irresistibly refreshing and delicious combination of classic Greek ingredients and orzo pasta.
Make and share this Perfect Greek Orzo Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced into large pieces
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces black olives, sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons parsley, well chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- In large bowl, combine cucumber, feta, black olives, tomatoes & parsley.
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook orzo as directed on box. Drain and rinse with water to cool. Return pasta to pot (pot should be cooled down). Mix cucumber mixture into orzo.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over salad. Mix well to combine. Refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving.
This was well received at our knitting pot luck. I used 1 1/2 cups of orzo and it made plenty. Next time I will add some crushed garlic to the dressing. Thanks for posting.
This was a delicious light and fresh tasting salad. I added about 1/4 cup of fresh dill. I'll be making this again and again. Thanks for posting!
This is the best Greek salad I have ever tasted. All of the flavors blend together perfectly. It makes a great side dish - or main course. It never lasts very long when I make it!! Thanks, Christine! Can't wait to see more of your recipes.