This cheesecake is perfect just like the title says. I got it from food tv's Sugar chef- Anna Olson. The ingredient list is broken up into four, 1st is the crust, 2nd is the filling, the last 6 ingredients are optional, they are for sugared lemon zest and sugared pansies. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/2 lbs cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- fresh edible flower (pansies)
- 1/4 cup fruit sugar (quick dissolve)
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Combine flour, graham crumbs, sugar and salt in a bowl. Add melted butter and mix until an even crumbly texture.
- 4Press crust into a lightly greased 10-inch springform pan, pressing up the sides a bit.
- 5Bake for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- 6Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
- 8Cream cheese until smooth and fluffy, scraping sides of bowl frequently. Gradually add sugar, again scraping sides often. Add in flour, scraped seeds from vanilla bean, vanilla extract, lemon zest and salt and mix well.
- 9Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition and again, scraping sides.
- 10Scrape filling into springform pan. Place into a baking pan with edges, and fill pan with boiling water 1 inch up the sides.
- 11Bake cheesecake for 90 minutes with the oven door cracked open slightly. Allow cake to sit at room temperature for an hour before chilling. It is essential to chill overnight.
- 12Gently run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake before removing springform ring. Cheesecakes cut best with a hot, dry knife.
- 13*Sugared Lemon Zest*.
- 14Slice off the top and tail of the lemons and score the lemons lengthwise about five times. Pull the scored peel off the lemons, as if peeling an orange. Julienne the peel segments (slice thinly lengthwise).
- 15Blanch the peel in a pot of boiling water for 2 minutes and drain (this cooks out the bitterness). Return zest to pot with 1 cup sugar and 1 cup boiling water and simmer until zest appears translucent, about 15 minutes.
- 16Drain well (you can reserve the syrup to poach fruits or brush onto a lemon loaf). Spread zest onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and let dry for a few hours (4-6). Toss zest with remaining 1/4 cup sugar to coat. Zest will keep in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- 17*Sugared Pansies*.
- 18Whisk egg white until foamy, but not fully whipped.
- 19Brush or dip flowers with egg white delicately and dip into sugar. Set on a baking pan to dry. Flowers should last a few days in an airtight container.
- 20*To Assemble*.
- 21Arrange sugared zest around outside edge of cheesecake and dot top with sugared pansies.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (2512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 8515.9
- Calories from Fat 4706
- Total Fat 522.9 g
- Saturated Fat 316.7 g
- Cholesterol 2548.9 mg
- Sodium 5029.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 850.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.4 g
- Sugars 648.9 g
- Protein 145.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of