Recipe by AlaskaPam
Terrific and heathy way to start your day! Adapted from recipe found in an Australian magazine website. Posted for ZWT8 Autralia/New Zealand
Top Review by CJAY
I really liked this. I used banana and raisins in mine and drizzled with some honey. I know I'll be making this often so I can try some of the other fruits. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 8.
- 2⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup milk, low fat
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 apple, cored and grated
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons sultanas (or raisins)
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients into a large microwaveable bowl and stir. Cook in the microwave on high for 3 minutes, stir and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Allow to sit for 2-3 minutes, then sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.
- You can replace the apple with bananas, berries, peaches, or any fruit you enjoy.