Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Shrimp in a spicy, creamy sauce. Put it over rice, pasta, or toasted french bread slices. This is really a good one!
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- In large skillet, heat 3T butter, add jalapeno, onion, and garlic.
- Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp, cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, cumin, oregano, and salt; stir well.
- Slowly add cream, stirring until mixed well.
- Cook for 2 minutes on med-hi.
- Stir in the remaining butter and parsley; mix well.
This was very good. I had a jar of hot jalapenos and used 6 slices but it was too much. Very hot! I left out all the butter and just sauteed in EVOO. I sauteed 1/2 c. asparagus for extra color. I used Fat Free half&half and the consistency was fine. For a party, I sauteed my vegies, added the spices to the broth in a cup, and precooked the pasta. While everyone was making their salads, I heated it, added the shrimp, then the broth then the cream and it was ready! If you weren't watching your weight, I would suggest thickening the sauce just a little. I served it over whole wheat bowties as we're all on the South Beach Diet, and it was great! Thanks.