Recipe by dmac085
I looked over a few Snap recipes but didn't notice one exactly like this one. I didn't begin to like these until I was older, really were there any other cookies besides chocolate chip?:) I made these for work, both like this and a batch where I added 3T of cocoa powder to the flour. The Snap lovers devoured these. The recipe calls for black pepper and I think that really complements the spiciness of the ginger. They are almost a little "hot" tasting. Hope someone tries this one and likes it.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup dark molasses
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all dry ingredients except for sugar.
- Cream Crisco and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, mix in well. Add molasses, mix in well.
- Reduce speed to low and incorporate the flour mix. When dough forms, chill about 30-40 minute.
- Form 1 inch balls and roll in 3T of sugar and place 2 inches apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake until set, 9-11 minutes. Rotate and turn cookie sheets halfway through cooking time.
- Crack that appear on the top of the cookie will appear moist.
- Coll 1 minute on the cookie sheet then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.