Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a delicious and easy way to cook beef tenderloin. Since it is sliced before cooking, it also takes just a fraction of the time the oven baked tenderloin takes. One of my regular rotation recipes!
- 1 lb beef tenderloin
- 4 teaspoons black pepper
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons water
- Press edges of beef into black pepper to coat. Cut into 1 inch slices.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat until a drop of water sizzles and quickly evaporates.
- Cook beef in hot skillet, turning frequently, until browned on all sides and done (8-10 minutes for medium rare).
- Transfer to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Combine balsamic vinegar an mustard in a small bowl and mix well. Add to the skillet drippings and mix.
- Add whipping cream and water. Bring to a boil, stirring continually.
- Cook, stirring continually, until thickened; about 2 minutes.
- Spoon over beef and serve.