Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A quick bread full of pepperoni and cheese that takes 10 minutes to prepare and is ready to serve in a little over an hour. Great with soup or salad or as a stand alone snack or appetizer!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, of choice shredded (I like Asiago)
- 1 cup quartered pepperoni slice
- 1⁄2 cup quality marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) jar giardiniera
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray a loaf bread pan with non stick cooking spray.
- 2. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, and baking soda to the bowl of a stand mixer and mix to combine. Slowly add the eggs and Olive oil, mixing until just combined. Add buttermilk, 1 1/4 cup of the mozzerella cheese, the 2 other cheeses, and the pepperoni and mix until just combined. Pour half the batter into the prepared bread pan, top evenly with the marinara sauce, then pour the remaining batter over the sauce. Top with the Italian seasoning and the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Let cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan. Slice the bread and serve with Giardiniera relish on the side.