Pepperoni Pizza Muffins
photo by CoffeeMom
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups mini pepperoni, separated
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and separated
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Don't use muffin tin liners, they will stick to the muffins. Grease the muffin tin instead.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, salt, basil, oregano, and baking powder. Add in vegetable oil, egg and 1/3 cup milk into flour mixture and stir until batter is smooth. It will be sticky. Add in another 2 tsbp milk. Fold/stir in cheese and pepperoni. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 18 minutes until muffins turn out golden and knife inserted comes out clean. Right before eating, top muffins with the second cup of cheese and several slices of mini pepperoni and bake for another 4-5 minutes at 350º F until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a full-time student at a University of Wisconsin campus, with a double major in Sociology and History. I have three adorable children, ages 9 yrs, 5 yrs, and our 2 yr old son. My nine yr old is in third grade. My 5 yr old is is in kindergarten. My littlest one is pleasantly plump. ;) We also have 2 cats. My daughter recently joined recipezaar under the name Miss Bean I also really like sewing. I make @ 1/3 of my daughters clothes. Reading is also a BIG staple in my life. One of my favorite ways to find a book is to walk into the library, pick a shelf and simply grab a book at random. I've read so many great books I probably wouldn't have found out any other way. I also like to camp and fish with my DH. He eats, sleeps and breathes fishing. He would like to one day start his own company, he hand ties and sells fishing lures locally. And he loves my cooking and will try anything at least once. ;) He works as a pressman at a local printing company. <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v426/mangomama/animations/?action=view¤t=neil_patrick_Harris.gif" target="_blank"><img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/mangomama/animations/neil_patrick_Harris.gif" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>