Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mom had an incinerate setting on her oven. That is how she cooked meat. I thought that all meat was some form of carbon based life form, because that is what it tasted like. I have made it my mission to find ways to serve moist and flavorful meat. This is an inspiration born of too much time on my hands and needing to feed picky eaters. If I attach the word Pizza to any recipe it is guaranteed at least a try! The chicken is breaded, topped with spaghetti sauce, vegetables, pepperoni and cheese. It is a tasty combination.
- 6 chicken breasts, thin cut (or you may flatten breasts out with a meat mallet)
- 1 cup parmesan seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom (chopped)
- 1 small green pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄2 onion (chopped)
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry.
- Combine bread crumbs, flour, and Italian seasoning in a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour milk in a shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken breasts in milk, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and brown chicken breasts until they are golden brown, remove.
- Sauté vegetables in frying pan until tender crisp.
- You may have to add a small amount of olive oil.
- Pour a small amount of spaghetti sauce to coat bottom of a rectangular baking pan (kind you would use for lasagne.) Place chicken breasts in pan and spoon more spaghetti sauce on top.
- May pour remaining sauce around chicken.
- Divide vegetables evenly among chicken breasts and place them on top of sauce coated chicken breasts.
- Place 2 slices of pepperoni on each breast over vegetables and then top with cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
I've made this recipe numerous times. It is always a hit. I use a large can of sauce and serve over noodles - I also add a whole green pepper and a whole container of fresh mushrooms so we have extra veggies with our noodles.
This was VERY GOOD! I had too much sauce(my own fault) because I only used 3 chicken breasts. It would be good on pasta,too, and there you go- a complete meal- My fiance LOVED it and ate so much ( TOO FAST) he couldn't take his own plate to the kitchen- so THAT means it is definitely a KEEPER!! Thank so much for sharing!