Recipe by Boca Pat
If you love mint and chocolate, this is the cake for you. I've had this recipe for quite awhile and I just recently made it and it was absolutely delicious. Hope you enjoy it too.
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 small chocolate-covered mint candies, such as peppermint patties,coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups butter, at room temp
- 2 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- additional chocolate-covered mint candies, cut into pieces,optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350; grease& flour 12 cup Bundt pan In microwave safe bowl combine chocolate, peppermint candies and milk; heat on hi at 20 sec intervals, stirring occasionally, until melted; reserve Combine flour, baking pwdr and salt; at hi speed beat butter with sugar until fluffy, reduce speed to med, beat in eggs 1 at a time and vanilla until combined; alternately beat in flour mixture and milk; beat 1 minute Trnasfer 1 cup batter to bowl; stir in reserve melted chocolate mixture; pour 5 cups plain batter into pan; drop half of chocolate batter over batter in pan Swirl knife thru batters to marble Add remaining plain& choc.
- batters to pan; with knife, marble batters by scooping knife into& up thru batters.
- Bake 1 hr to 1 hr 10, or until toothpick comes out clean; cook in pan 30 minutes; remove; cool completely on rack Glaze: In micro safe bowl combine chocolate& butter; heat in micro on hi at 10 sec.
- intervals, stirring occasionally, until melted; pour over cake; garnish with candies if desired.