Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Source: "Southern Living", November 1991
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (6 ounce) canpittled large ripe olives, drained
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 24 pieces
- purple cabbage (optional)
- Saute' first three ingredients in olive oil until onion is tender.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Combine olive oil mixture, cheese, olives and sweet red pepper.
- Toss gently.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator up to 24 hours, stirring mixture occasionally.
- Alternate cheese cubes, olives and red pepper on 6-inch skewers.
- Trim core end of cabbage to form a flat base; insert kabobs in cabbage to serve, if desired.