This is a great special occasion recipe. I made it for my family for Christmas a few years back and everyone loved it! The sauce is a delicious touch! You can add more horseradish if you desire!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish (more if you like it spicy!)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1Sauce: whisk all ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate until you serve. Can be prepared 2 days in advance.
- 3Coarsely grind all peppercorns and transfer to bowl. Mix in salt.
- 4Whisk butter, parsley and mustard together and spread over tenderloin.
- 5Roll in pepper mixture and cover completely with pepper.
- 6Heat oven to 450.
- 7Place tenderloin on rack in shallow baking pan.
- 8Roast until meat thermometer inserted in center registers 130 degrees for rare/about 35 minutes; (or 40-50 minutes for medium, 50-60 for well).
- 9Transfer to platter and let stand 10 minutes. then slice and garnish with parsley and sauce.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppered Beef Tenderloin With Mustard Horseradish Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 789.7
- Calories from Fat 535
- Total Fat 59.4 g
- Saturated Fat 29.5 g
- Cholesterol 197.6 mg
- Sodium 1214.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 44.1 g