Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A pretty salad adapted from Woman's Day magazine, perfect for brunch!
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas, strings removed, about 2 cups (or snow peas)
- 2 bell peppers, 1 yellow and 1 orange (or green and red)
- 1 cup thinly sliced radish
- 2 scallions, sliced on the diagonal
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add the peas, cook 1 minute. Drain in a colander and place under cold running water to stop cooking. Chill in a bowl of ice water. Drain, pat dry with paper towels and place in a large serving bowl.
- Add pepper strips, radishes, scallions and salad greens. Cover and refrigerate.
- Toast sesame seeds in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring often, until golden brown. Scrape them onto a plate, cool, wrap and set aside.
- Put remaining Dressing ingredients into a jar, cover, shake well and refrigerate.
- Just before serving:
- Add sesame seeds to dressing. Cover and shake until blended. Pour over salad; toss to mix and coat. Enjoy!
BEAUTIFUL like a RAINBOW! And it tastes FABULOUS! I made this as directed with yellow and orange bell peppers and added in some shredded purple cabbage with romaine lettuce and baby spinach leaves. I wish I had gotten a photo of this one it just makes you happy to look at it. The dressing is also GREAT! Made for the Holiday tag game.