Recipe by Marie
Just found this recipe and will try it soon. Sounds delicious and is from Quick Cooking. Cook time is according to your bread machine.
Top Review by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Very tasty, with a tender inside crumb. I rolled about 1/4 cup more asiago cheese into the dough when I shaped it, let it rise for 75 minutes, and baked it in a 10-5/8 x 5-1/2 x 2-3/4 Pyrex pan at 375F for 25 minutes ~ covering the loaf with foil after 15 minutes. Made for the Peppercorns~Black Pepper Recipe Tag in the Photo Forum, March 2012.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in bread pan in order suggested by your machine's manufacturer.
- Select basic bread setting.
- Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing and if needed, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour.
- Do not use time delay setting for this recipe.