Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just found this recipe and will try it soon. Sounds delicious and is from Quick Cooking. Cook time is according to your bread machine.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in bread pan in order suggested by your machine's manufacturer.
- Select basic bread setting.
- Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing and if needed, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour.
- Do not use time delay setting for this recipe.
Very tasty, with a tender inside crumb. I rolled about 1/4 cup more asiago cheese into the dough when I shaped it, let it rise for 75 minutes, and baked it in a 10-5/8 x 5-1/2 x 2-3/4 Pyrex pan at 375F for 25 minutes ~ covering the loaf with foil after 15 minutes. Made for the Peppercorns~Black Pepper Recipe Tag in the Photo Forum, March 2012.