Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I used those Ziplock Steamer bags to cook my broccoli for 2 minutes and I had the Shallot Salt on hand but I don't know if that is essential - I think you can season with salt and pepper and if you have, a minced shallot - or not! Prep time includes steaming the broccoli.
- 2 heads broccoli
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon shallot salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon basil, crumbled or 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar (or honey)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add broccoli which has been cut into large florets and cook for a max of 2 minutes.
- Mix olive oil/vegetable oil, red wine vinegar, basil, shallot salt (if using) or salt and pepper with sugar (or honey).
- Add dressing to the warm, drained broccoli. Add chopped red onion and halved cherry tomatoes. Toss to mix.
- You can serve this room temperature or chill in the fridge if you like your salad cool.