- 2 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large tart red apple, cored and thinnly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can onions, drained
- 12 dried apricot halves
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat ove to 350 degrees.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute the chicken for 6 minutes on each side or until brown.
- Combine the apple slices and the remaining ingredients in a 12x9 inch baking dish.
- Insert the thighs into the sauerkraut.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.