1/4 Photos of Pennsylvania Dutch Apple Crumb Pie
1 hr 20 mins
Kat's Mom's Note:
From my falling apart cookbook entitled Best-Loved Pennsylvania Dutch Recipes. Simple ingredients, easy assembly and spectacular presentation. When pressed for time, I have been known to substitute canned apple pie filling. This also works well for Cherry Crumb Pie by using canned cherry filling plus 1/4 teaspoon almond extract. A lifetime ago, on holidays, I was not allowed to enter my ex-inlaws house unless I had a Cherry Crumb Pie in my hands! ;) NOTE: If you use canned filling, just bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until topping is brown.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, unbaked
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 cups apples, cored and sliced (about 5 small, Granny Smith apples work well)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees and set butter out so it will be at room temperature.
- 2Line 9" pie pan with unbaked crust.
- 3Core and slice apples.
- 4Sprinkle the apples with the lemon juice.
- 5Mix in the sugar & cinnamon.
- 6Fill pie shell with apple mixture.
- 7In a small bowl, mix the topping's flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- 8Rub the topping ingredients and butter together with your fingers until the mixture is crumbly.
- 9Sprinkle topping over pie.
- 10Bake 10 minutes at 425 degrees then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake until crumb topping is browned and apples are soft, approximately 50 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pennsylvania Dutch Apple Crumb Pie
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.6
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 185.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 33.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g