Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This dish is sinfully good, and its known to have powers that make you crave it while you sleep. LOL, so enjoy! Mmmm!
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 450 g dry penne pasta
- 15 sprigs parsley (Leaves only)
- 2 tablespoons grain alcohol or 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Roughly chop garlic. Heat the oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. When the oil is warm add the garlic and sauté for 3 mins or until golden along the edges.
- Add the canned tomatoes to a saucepot and cook for 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper taste, and then add the chili flakes. Pass the sauce mix through a food mill or process until smooth and pour into a large skillet.
- Reduce heat to low and let the sauce simmer. Meanwhile bring a pot of water to boil for the Penne. While the pasta is cooking coarsely chop the parsley and set aside. Drain the pasta when it is al dente and pour it into the skillet with the tomato sauce. Add the vodka and mix very well. Increase the heat to medium and sauté for 1 minute. Add the cream and mix until the evenly spread. Pour into a nice serving dish and garnish with the chopped parsley. Serve hot.
I used vodka in ours. Sauce was just awesome!
This sauce is outstanding!!! The ingredients are "right-on". Do not omit the vodka. While this is an easy dish to make, it does not skimp on flavor and you won't be disapponted. Thanks for sharing, Little Italy.