1/1 Photo of Penne With Asparagus and Smoked Salmon Cream
What speaks more of spring than asparagus? Velvety textures of cream and the smoked salmon are well balanced with crisp-tender asparagus and the freshness of lemon zest. This is a creamy flavorful dish that I've created on my own after trying some less than exciting versions from other cook books and magazines. I hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb penne or 1 lb other short pasta
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 1 & 1/2 in. pieces
- 3 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, julienne, grated
- 4 -6 ounces smoked salmon or 4 -6 ounces nova lox
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons locatelli cheese or 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1Cook pasta in plenty of boiling salted water per package directions. (al dente).
- 2Melt butter in frying pan and add shallots.
- 3Sautee’ 1-2 minutes until they begin to sweat.
- 4Add asparagus and continue to sautee’ until crisp-tender.
- 5Once the asparagus are crisp-tender add half and half, lemon zest, 2 tablespoons dill and salt. Bring to a light simmer.
- 6Drain pasta and add the pasta and the salmon to the cream sauce, lightly toss and heat through. Turn into serving bowl or platter and top with remaining dill and sprinkling of grated cheese.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Asparagus and Smoked Salmon Cream
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.5
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 583.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 18.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: