Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This recipe came from a fund-raising cookbook our neighborhood put together. It's very flavorful. Freezes well.
- Heat 3 Tbsp oil in pan.
- Saute onion and garlic.
- Mix in tomatoes, basil and ground red pepper.
- Bring to a boil, breaking up tomatoes.
- Add broth and boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 1 hour.
- (Can make this much ahead.) Cook pasta and drain.
- Toss with 3 Tbsp oil.
- Mix pasta with sauce and then mix in Havarti cheese.
- Put into 9x13 baking dish and sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in 375 oven about 30 minutes.
- ½ of this recipe will easily serve 4.