Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 6 -8 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 250 g penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 200 g whole stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 500 ml all purpose cream
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 -4 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 3 -4 tablespoons gouda cheese, cubed
- Make the pasta. In a large stockpot, bring water and salt to a boil. Add penne pasta and let pasta cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Make the sauce. In a deep saucepan, heat olive oil and saute garlic, onions, and tomatoes until tender. Add all-purpose cream and chicken broth cube. Stir for 5 minutes then add basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for about 1 minute then blend in mozzarella and gouda cheeses. Stir mixture until sauce becomes stringy (about one minute). Toss cooked past into sauce and mix well. Serve immediately with garlic bread.