Recipe by riffraff
Penang is a dry curry, probably originally "imported" from Malaysia. It can be prepared with any meat.
- 1 cup chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 -3 tablespoons panang curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 10 -15 basil leaves, finely shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a wok over medium high heat, and warm the coconut milk, but don't let it boil.
- Add the curry paste, and stir it until the oil begins to separate out and form a thin film, to bring out the maximum flavor.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the lime leaves and basil leaves, and simmer until the sauce is absorbed and thickened.
- Add the lime leaves and basil leaves and stir fry briefly before serving.