Recipe by mande237
I am a big fan of chinese food and where i live there aren't any chinese shops. I was searching the internet and found a recipe for peking chicken. Personally I am a fan of peking beef so I made a few changes to the recipe and it turned out to be absolutely beautiful. Note this recipe is a bit saucier than what you would get from a chinese shop.
- 500 -600 g stir-fry beef
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 4 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Make sure you mix them well.
- Put meat into mixture and cover. Refridgerate for 2 hours.
- Heat frypan over medium heat. Add oil. When oil is hot add marinaded meat. Leave frypan at medium heat until beef is cooked.
- When meat is cooked turn the frypan down to a simmer. Sauce should start to thicken up within 10 minutes.
- If you are still not happy with the consistency you can add a bit more corn flour. Remember to mix it with water first.