Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I am a big fan of chinese food and where i live there aren't any chinese shops. I was searching the internet and found a recipe for peking chicken. Personally I am a fan of peking beef so I made a few changes to the recipe and it turned out to be absolutely beautiful. Note this recipe is a bit saucier than what you would get from a chinese shop.
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Make sure you mix them well.
- Put meat into mixture and cover. Refridgerate for 2 hours.
- Heat frypan over medium heat. Add oil. When oil is hot add marinaded meat. Leave frypan at medium heat until beef is cooked.
- When meat is cooked turn the frypan down to a simmer. Sauce should start to thicken up within 10 minutes.
- If you are still not happy with the consistency you can add a bit more corn flour. Remember to mix it with water first.
I reduced the five spice as per previous reviewer and it was fine :)
Unfortuatly this recipe had way to much five spice in it for us. I think maybe 1tsp would have been ample for this recipe. I did ads more hoisin sauce as it was cooking but it was too late. sorry Made for Sping PAC 2008