Perfect for Peking duck.
- Ready In:
- Mix together the flour, boiling water and 1 tsp of oil.
- Knead to form a firm dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 and roll each portion into a long sausage.
- Cut each sausage into 6 pieces, and press each piece into a flat circle.
- Brush six of the twelve pancakes with the rest of the oil and place the other six on top.
- Using a rolling pin roll each pancake sandwich into a 6-inch circle on a floured surface.
- Heat an ungreased pan over a high heat, reduce the heat and add a pancake.
- When small brown spots appear on the underside turn the pancake and cook until it starts to puff up with air bubbles.
- Peel apart the two layers, and repeat the procedure for the remaining pancakes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The pancakes you get in restaurants seem to be much thinner and don't have any brown marks so I guess they are made by a machine, but these taste just as good with crispy duck. The only improvement to recipe I can think of is that I roll out the dough to about .5cm (about 1/4 inch) then use a medium sized cookie cutter. That way they are all the same size and roll out much more consistently.Reply
see 3 more