Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from the Pei Wei Asian Diner website.
Make and share this Pei Wei Asian Diner Mien Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, bruise slightly with back of a knife
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 lemongrass, stalks tops & bottoms cut off, & smash with the side of knife
- 2 tablespoons galangal, peeled and minced
- 1 (3 -5 lb) rotisserie chicken, meat pulled off the bone, and pulled into strips
- 16 ounces thin rice noodles, cooked according to package, and drained
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 4 scallions, cut into 1/4 inch rings
- 1 bunch Thai basil, leaves picked, discard stems (garnish)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, leaves picked, discard stems (garnish)
- 4 ounces bean sprouts, rinsed (garnish)
- 8 lime wedges (garnish)
- 2 fresh jalapenos, cut into thin rings (garnish)
- hoisin sauce (garnish)
- sriracha garlic and red chile paste (garnish)
- Place chicken stock, kaffir lime leaves, fish sauce, lemongrass, and galangal in a large sauce pan. Bring soup to a boil, then reduce to a very low simmer.
- Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Turn off heat and reserve until you are ready to serve.
- Place your bowls onto plates big enough so they have room for garnishes.
- Reheat broth to a boil for 15 seconds. Fill each bowl with 2 oz of cooked rice noodles, 1/4 cup of tomatoes, 1/4 cup of carrots, 1 Tbsp of Scallions, and approximately 4 oz of pulled chicken.
- Ladle hot broth over ingredients into bowl until bowl is 3/4 full.
- Place a lime wedge, jalapeno rings, bean sprouts, cilantro, thai basil on each plate for garnish. Serve and place Sriracha and Hoisin on the table for extra flavor.